Who: Students between in grades 9th-12th (or 14-17 years old)
What: A transitional program that will help prepare teens for future job and leadership endeavors
Where: Red River Zoo
When: Every Saturday and Sunday from 9am until 2pm
Divided into trimesters, and only runs during the School Year
Why: Gain knowledge and experience at the Red River Zoo
- Register online
- $125/child for Zoo members, $175/child for non-Zoo members per trimester
- There will be an interview process
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation or References from Outside of Family at the time of an interview
- Work minimum two shifts (4.5 hours a shift) each month, maximum 4 shifts per month(subject to change at the discretion of the Education Department).
- Work two events each Trimester
- Fall = Chalkfest, Boo at the Zoo, Etc.
- Winter = Lunch with Santa Claus, Zoo Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day, Etc.
- Spring = Party for the Planet, etc.
- Up to 25 teens will be selected for this program with up to 6 participants per shift