Come Work With Us!
- Provides maintenance and repairs for the Red River Zoo’s buildings, equipment, exhibits, carousel, and physical infrastructure.
- Follows and makes recommendations to the Zoo’s maintenance programs and schedules, documents maintenance procedure per schedule on daily, weekly monthly, and seasonal schedules.
- Adheres to the Zoo’s purchasing policies and department budget
- This position involves working directly with other staff and departments to ensure proper development and maintenance of the Red River exhibitory, buildings, and physical infrastructure.
- Must be able to plan and prioritize projects and work orders to maximize efficiency and safety for the staff and public. Ensure projects are ready and executed on time or report delays promptly. Coordination and scheduling of seasonal positions which may cross between different departments requires proper planning and prioritizing skills.
- Must be a self-starter who demonstrates productivity and efficiency. Sets an example of good work ethics, maturity, and professionalism
- Assists with coordination of snow removal in winter months.
- Coordinates daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance schedules of zoo equipment and carousel.
- Experienced in the safe operation of proper tools including power tools and skid steer
- Ability to effectively plan and coordinate projects with multiple departments
- Assist with setting up of special events or rentals when necessary
- Ensures AZA and USDA requirements are met with regard to non-animal exhibit buildings and grounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 40 hours a week Sunday through Thursday, 8 am to 5 pm
- Follow and mark off assigned work orders
- Must be able to lift 50lbs on occasion
- Able to take direction and follow project information from management
- Must be dependable
- Experience with minor repairs in plumbing, minor electrical, minor mechanical, building, and structural construction methods and techniques
- MIG welder experience – preferred
- Planning, maintenance, and scheduling processes for facility responsibilities
- Knowledge of, or ability to rapidly learn AZA and USDA standards.
- Ability to rapidly learn and understand the Red River Zoo’s Risk Management Program, Occupational Health and Safety Program, and Facilities Maintenance protocols.
- Must demonstrate integrity and a solid work ethic.
- Must have a driver’s license.