Group Educational Experiences
With the use of our animal collection, exhibits, biofacts and wide array of knowledge from staff and volunteers, these experiences can enhance the learning of each group while being fun and engaging programs.
Group visits or field trips that will include special experiences taking place at the Red River Zoo must be scheduled ahead of the group’s visit.
All animal programs are presented by Red River Zoo Staff or docents.
Themes and topics can vary but may be adapted to any age or grade level upon request to fit lesson plans or curriculum.
Questions about our Group Educational Experiences? E-mail us.
- Social Dynamics
- Field Conservation
- Species Survival Plan (SSP)
- Captive Breeding Programs
- Exhibit Design
Animal Habitat & Ecosystems
- Audience: all ages
- Up-close encounter with two of our educational program animals
- Locations vary: Nature Stage, Carousel Pavilion, or the Lifelong Learning Center (LLC)
- Pricing: Zoo admission (either regular admission or group rate) PLUS $1 per person, $25 minimum.
1-hour Guided Tour
- Audience: all ages
- Choice of three themes: 1) Beyond the Barnyard 2) North American Natives or 3) Asian Journey
- Groups with more than 20 individuals will need to be divided into multiple groups.
- Interested in booking your guided tour? E-mail our education department at: [email protected]
30-minute Training Demonstration
- Observe a live training demonstration with one of the species here at the Zoo.
- Participants must be at least 8 years of age, or for school groups 2nd grade and up.
- Maximum audience size of 40 people.
- Training demonstration will be presented by one of our Zookeepers and one veterinary staff member.
- Pricing: Zoo admission (either regular admission or group rate) PLUS $8 per person, $80 minimum.
Request More Information
To schedule a Group Educational Experience or if you have any questions, please contact our Education Department. The Education Department can be reached at (701) 277-940, ext. 310, or by e-mail at: [email protected]
Looking to book a field trip or group visit?
If you’re interested in a standard field trip WITHOUT a Group Educational Experience, please visit our field trip page.