Education Department interns will be required to successfully complete program animal handling training with a variety of animals (small mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds and arthropods). Interns will be supervised by the Education Department staff.
- Program development
- Program preparation
- Present on/off site program
- Program animal handling
- Animal Care
- Food preparation and distribution
- College student or recent graduate (preferably in education, zoology, or related field)
- Student in good standing, GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Applicants must have completed at least 1 year of college.
- Capable of lifting 20lbs
- Willingness to work with both animals and the public
- Education internships consist of a scheduled work week to be determined by the supervisor and intern. Internships are generally 16 weeks long. A minimum commitment of 20-40 hours per week is required (considerations may be made for students attending classes). Interns must be flexible with their schedule and have the ability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays.
*Acceptance into the program is contingent on passing a background check.
All positions are unpaid with no housing or transportation provided.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Letter of Interest, including dates of availability
- 2 Letters of Recommendations
- A copy of your unofficial transcript
Please send application materials to:
Red River Zoo
Heather Harelson Nutick
Director of Education
4255 23rd Ave. South
Fargo, ND 58104
701-277-9240 x 310