Party for the Planet
April 26th, 10am-5pm
Join us in the largest combined Earth Day celebration in North America!
- Activities from 11am-4pm
- FREE children's admission tickets can be picked up at any Gate City Bank location, otherwise regular admission applies
- Lots of fun activities and crafts!
- Learn how to live green and make fun things to take home!
- Special animal presentations throughout the day
- Sponsored by Gate City Bank and Matbus
Remembering A Lost Bird: Lessons From the Past
for a Sustainable Future
A Special Public Presentation on the Centennial of the Extinction
of the Passenger Pigeon
- Presented by Dr. Stanley A. Temple, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- April 26th, 6:30pm
- Location: Festival Concert Hall, NDSU, Reineke Fine Arts Center, 12th Ave N, Fargo, ND
- Free and Open to the Public
Dr. Temple will discuss the passenger pigeon's extinction a hundred years ago this year, the possibility of bringing them back through DNA and breeding techniques ("de-extinction"), and implications for the future.